Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Love Empties Itself

This is the mantra of a spiritual guru whom I get daily meditations via email.  Today's meditation was something I felt worth sharing here.  If you care to receive these meditations just go to their website Center for Action and Contemplation.


SIMPLICITY

Question of the Day:

How do I halt my cycle of violence?

The scapegoat sequence, without being too clever, goes something like this: We compare, we compete, we conflict, we conspire, we condemn and we then crucify with impunity.

If you do not recognize some variation of this pattern within yourself, and nip it in the early stages, it is almost inevitable. That is why spiritual teachers of any depth will always teach simplicity of lifestyle and freedom from the comparing and competing game.

It is probably the only way out of the cycle of violence.

From Things Hidden: Scripture as Spirituality, pp. 134-135



Less of me, O Lord, more of you. 

Less of my sight, more of yours, O Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment